Mango Chattani (Aam ki Chatani)
- Raw/ unripe mangos (Kacche Aam) – 1 kg
- Salt- 4 tsp
- Red chilli powder- according to taste
- Black Pepper- 20 balls
- Cumin seeds (Jeera)- 2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds (Methi dana)- 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds (Saunf)- 3 tsp
- Cloves (Long)- 15-20
- Turmeric- ½ tsp Sugar- ½ kg
Wash mangoes thoroughly with water.
Grate the mangoes. Add salt and all the other ingredients. Wait for 2 days. Let all the flavors blend. Add mustard oil in a pan and let it cook until it turns light in colour. Add ½ tsp jeera to the oil. Add the mango mixture to this oil. Let it cook for 20 minutes without lid. Keep mixing it often. Don’t let the flame burn it.
Cool and store in a dry place. The shelf life of this chattani is around six months.